Studio Munge seeks to permit Remote Work when it:
• Is in the best interests of the Business;
• Increases the productivity and flexibility of Staff Members; and
• In emergency situations.
This Policy is only applicable to full-time employees:
• Who work one or more business days per week from a Remote Workspace;
• Whose job duties allow them to conduct their role by Remote Working;
• Who have had a formal Remote Work Request approved by us (as applicable); and
• Who have a Remote Work Contract (as applicable).
Remote Work is discretionary
1. The decision to allow you to undertake Remote Work is at the discretion of the Business. We will decide whether to grant or deny a Remote Work Request based on the following criteria:
a) The type of work carried out by you;
b) Whether you can complete your job duties and functions from a Remote Workspace;
c) The impact that the Remote Work Request will have upon the Business and other employees;
d) Your ability to organise and budget your time, and work independently.
e) Your employment history;
f) The suitability of the proposed Remote Workspace;
g) Whether it is possible to measure your work output quantifiably; and
h) Any other reasonable business considerations.
Remote Work Request
2. We cannot guarantee that any Remote Work Request will be successful. We will assess each Remote Work Request on a case-by-case basis.
3. Each Remote Workspace or proposed Remote Workspace must meet the following requirements:
a) It must be safe;
b) External distractions must be kept to a minimum so as not to interfere with your work;
c) All confidential Business information must be kept secure;
d) You must have access to high speed and reliable Internet connection; and
e) The requirements of the Remote Work Health and Safety Checklist (Form B) must be met.
4. Upon reasonable notice, we reserve the right to send a representative of the Business out to inspect your Remote Workspace. Note that:
a) An inspection can take place either before a Remote Work request has been granted or during a Remote Working Agreement; and
b) You must allow our representative access to your Remote Workspace to complete the inspection.
5. You are required to provide all equipment required for your Remote Work Agreement, unless we agree otherwise with you.
6. If you require equipment as part of a Remote Work Request or during a Remote Work Agreement, a request must be made in writing to us (Equipment Request).
7. We reserve the right to refuse any Equipment Request at our discretion.
8. If you purchase equipment to use in your Remote Workspace without our prior approval, we are not obligated to reimburse you for that equipment.
9. If you use our equipment in your Remote Workspace, it remains our property.
10. You are responsible for any of our equipment kept in your Remote Workspace. You must have home and contents insurance to cover any of our equipment in your Remote Workspace.11. We will only permit a Remote Work Request on the basis that you agree to take financial responsibility for any of our equipment that is lost, stolen or damaged while it is in your care. Your conduct and whether any loss, damage or theft of equipment was due to your negligence will be assessed upon any incident occurring.
12. If the Remote Work Agreement is revoked, you must return our equipment (if any) in good condition.
13. You must only use pre-approved software and computer programs to access our computer system.
14. We reserve the right to ask you to install anti-virus software on your computer and other electronic equipment.
15. You will be available under your Remote Work Agreement:
a) At all agreed upon times; and
b) By email, phone, and videoconference, regardless of work location.
16. If you wish to change your work times, we must agree in writing to any permanent change (Variation). This Variation must be set out in writing.
17. You are not permitted to meet clients at your Remote Workspace unless we agree to otherwise in writing.
Communicating with Studio
18. When undertaking Remote Work you must keep in regular contact with us and any other team members you work with.
19. You must keep adequate records in the manner advised to you by us, of your remote work hours. The meaning of adequate will be at our discretion and will depend upon the laws we are required to comply with for payroll and tax purposes.
20. Unless we agree to otherwise and in writing, you are responsible for the costs of your:
a) Home Internet and telephone connection; and
b) Travel to and from the studio
Insurance and Risk
21. You are responsible for the cost of complying with work health and safety requirements.
22. Subject to your compliance with work health and safety requirements, if you are an Employee you will be covered by our workers compensation insurance policy (as applicable), but only when you are undertaking approved Remote Work at the Remote Workspace.
23. External contractors will not be covered by our worker’s compensation policy and must arrange for their own coverage.
24. You have full responsibility to enquire with your home and contents insurer (if any) with respect to any additional suggested insurance for your Remote Workspace. If you decide to take out additional insurance, you will remain responsible for the cost of it.
Ending a Remote Work Agreement
25. We may end your Remote Working Agreement by providing you with two (2) weeks notice, subject to the terms of your Remote Working Agreement.
Changes to the Policy
26. We reserve the right to change the terms of this Policy at any time without further consultation with you.
Business/ we/ us/ our means Studio Munge.
Contractor means any Staff Member employed as a Contractor by us.
Employee means any Staff Member employed as an Employee by us.
Home means the private home of the Employee.
Policy means this Remote Work Policy and any variations to it.
Remote Work means working in any place other than the studio, and also means Working Remotely.
Remote Workspace means the agreed-upon location where Remote Work will take place.
Remote Work Health and Safety Checklist means the Checklist at Form B.
Remote Work Request means a request made by a Staff Member to the business to undertake Remote Work using Form A.
Staff Member/you/your means Employee and Contractor, unless otherwise specified.